A range of bone graft substitutes designed
to target specific clinical applications
About Graftys® QuickSet
Graftys® QuickSet is a Calcium Phosphate Cement of high viscosity with mechanical properties similar to those of cancellous bone, supplied in a user-friendly double-syringe, which is pre-filled with a powder (calcium phosphate salts and HydroxyPropylMethylCellulose (HMPC)) and with a phosphate-based (Na2HPO4) aqueous solution. Mixing of these two components in the syringe results in an injectable paste, which hardens under invivo The final product formed during the setting reaction is a calcium-deficient apatite CDA that closely mimics the mineral phase of natural bone.
Graftys® QuickSet is an innovative, safe, and fully synthetic bone graft substitute preventing any risk of transmission of infectious disease.
Graftys® QuickSet is an injectable, self-hardening, macroporous, calcium-phosphate bone void filler cement covered by patent applications in 2008.
About Graftys® HBS
Graftys® HBS is an injectable calcium phosphate bone graft substitute belonging to the same family than QuickSet. Graftys® HBS offer a lower viscosity to facilitate remote injection in close cavities.
Graftys® HBS is available in Brazil.
Indications for use
Graftys® QuickSet is used for bone reconstructive and trauma surgery: fracture repair, extremities or pelvis, complex fractures, joint arthroplasty, tibial osteotomy. It can be injected percutaneously for a better filling of remote bone cavities, minimally invasive surgery treatment of fractures, or Bone Marrow Lesions (in Europe only). It provides an ideal osteoconductive, porous and permeable scaffold to facilitate healthy bone reconstruction.
Graftys® QuickSet fills the defect and is progressively resorbed and replaced by new bone during the healing process.
Graftys® QuickSet offers three important features:
- User friendly preparation:
- self-contained delivery system, which eliminates the need for mixing in a bowl and messy loading of a separate syringe
- intuitive preparation takes only 2 minutes: transfer – mix – inject
- can be injected manually or by using a delivering gun to give surgeons more choice in handling.
- proprietary composition including a polymer to enhance the injectability and cohesion of the product.
- full range of porosity including 70% of global porosity with an interconnected pore network that enable the colonization of bone cells and biological fluid within the matrix providing an ideal environment for the ingrowth of new bone.
- Mechanically resistant structure:
- within the range of cancellous bone compression resistance
- Graftys® Quickset is available in 28 countries including the USA, Europe, Canada and Australia.
|GYQSMV1Q5||Graftys© Quickset synringe and a 7G cannula||5cc|
|GYQSMV1Q16||16cc (2 x 8cc)|
|GYINJECTS||A sterile delivering gun single use||—|